Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Seasons

Image result for the seasons


The current season we are in is Winter. Winter is my least favorite season because I do not like the cold. Last year the Winter was brutal, it was one of the coldest we have had in years! The only aspect of Winter I like is snow, because it usually leads to snow days. I also enjoy snow because I get to watch my dog play outside in it. My favorite season is the Summer. I like the Summer because that is the season my birthday is in. I also like the Summer because I can go to the beach and to the pool. My second favorite season is the Fall. I like the Fall because it is not too hot and not too cold. Spring is a nice season, but it rains a lot and I do not like the rain.


Vocabulary Words and Phrases:
Current: happening now
Brutal: cruel or harsh
Aspect: a part or feature of something
Snow Day: a day when school is canceled because there is a lot of snow
Enjoy: take pleasure in
Favorite: something you really like. Something that is preferred


Vocabulary Exercise: Fill in the blank
  1. Last night it snowed so much, so today the students have a _______________________.
  2. If something happened today it is __________________.
  3. The girls ________________reading.
  4. I love soccer. It is my _____________ sport.
  5. It was so cold today, there was a ____________ winter wind.
  6. One __________ of summer is that it is really hot.


Grammar:
Using details and examples in your writing makes it more descriptive. Descriptive writing is more enjoyable to the reader. In the blog entry above, I used many examples and details to explain my least favorite and my favorite season. By adding these details, the reader is able to get a better understanding of why i prefer one season and why I do not like another.


Grammar Exercise:
Write a paragraph about your favorite sport. In this paragraph (at least 5 sentences) you must include at least 3 details or examples to explain your reasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment